So, instead of writing out a list of all of the things I need to / want to get done tonight on paper, I decided to kill two birds with one stone and just start of my blog post with it, since writing an entry will be on the list.
In no particular order:
- write blog entry
- make Mt. Haley disappear (This is a common term used in my household when my pile of clean clothes stacked on my floor reaches an exceptionally ridiculous height/width.)
- work on FNED violence paper/project
- work on FNED service learning paper
- maybe do FNED reading responses
- write theatre response paper on "Fame"
- math hw to study for quiz on Monday to maintain my 100 average! :D
- read more of my book (Water for Elephants)
- remind C I can't teach dance tomorrow night
- get really excited for Tuesday and hope mom doesn't cancel :P (This will be further explained.)
- put curlers in my hair for my cousin's wedding reception tomorrow... I forgot about this until now, and now I'm frustrated. So not looking forward to putting them in, or losing a good night's sleep because of them. >:(
Alright, so, I have been going nonstop for the last 36 hours. Woke up yesterday at 10 to clean the house and get it ready for my best friend to sleep over last night, showered, picked up the boys, picked my best friend up from her college - it took me an hour and a half to get there, instead of 45 minutes... I love 5 o'clock traffic - met up with some more friends for dinner in Providence on Thayer before heading to school to see "Fame" - it was awesome. M did an amazing job, very proud whenever I watch her. <3 Sat next to my professor and his date which only became slightly awkward when we didn't acknowledge the fact that he was sitting next to us, and became more awkward whenever she kissed him on the cheek... hahaha. Then ran to my car with my best friend so we could make it to the 10:45 showing of Scream 4, and we made it only a minute or two after the movie had started - WIN. Thank you, sincerely, Wes Craven, for not ruining your own masterpiece. I was PETRIFIED that this movie was going to COMPLETELY taint the trilogy. I was happily proved wrong. Got home and completely conked out because we were so tired.
Today, we woke up shortly after 9 today and ran a couple errands before meeting our third musketeer for breakfast, then headed to the mall so I could finally get some body spray because I ran out. Walked through Forever 21 and almost died, for two reasons - One, whenever I shop on their website online, I'm always distraught, because they're doing completely modern with their style and I HATE IT. I miss their old vintage feel, and I'm heartbroken that it's disappearing. And two, THEIR WEBSITE LIESSS. I walk into the store and it's summer dresses and vintage everything galore, as it should be. I wanted. To buy. EVERYTHING. If it's ivory, mauve-ish pink, has tons of lace, and/or looks remotely questionable to a guy (which I had one with me), you know it's vintage and amazing, hahaha. So I came home and was being dramatic as always and was like "Moooom, can you just give me, like, a hundred dollars to spend at Forever 21 puh-leeeeease?" Now, to understand the completely randomness of her response to this question I asked without any expectation of getting any serious consideration in the answer, you have to know that I have been buying myself my clothes since I was 14. Granted, I haven't always actually had the money to get stuff when I needed it, so my mom would pay, but I have a "bill" and she keeps track of what I owe her. Don't get me wrong, she's not a psycho who makes her daughter slave to buy stuff, she was just tired of buying me perfectly good clothes (that I openly confessed before purchasing that I did not like) for me and being pissed when I wouldn't wear them. So she figured if I had to pay for them I would wear them. So when I threw this comment out today, I was shocked when she was like what? So I explained my dilemma of loving millions of things in the store again and she was like, well maybe we can go Tuesday. And I was like, you're going to buy me things? And she was like yeah, maybe. We can go Tuesday when I don't have to think about blah blah blah (the rest of this is insignificant to my point.) So I'm ecstatic because I might end up with LACY FLOWY NICE THINGS by the end of next week WOOO. After the mall we came home and I drove my best friend back to school and I stayed for dinner and ate amazing onion rings aaaaaaah yummy. Came home and have emptied and filled the dishwasher, washed the pots and pans on the stove, done laundry, and organized our dish towel drawer because it drives me INSANE. So now that my crazy schedule is out of my head, I can stop worrying about it and get to a part of this entry that might actually be something worthwhile.
A year ago today, technically, by the date, even though last year the day was Friday, I met my boyfriend. He clearly was not my boyfriend back then. :P It was the day one of my bests took me to her boyfriend's military college in Vermont for a dance called Junior Ring Ball, because his friend needed a date (and for the record, this friend was not the boy who would become my boyfriend). So, we headed up Friday, and once we were pulling onto campus after the 4 hour drive, I said, "Am I allowed to change my mind?"
I'm the girl that doesn't try new things unless I'm gently forced to. Emphasis on gently. I used to be loud and the center of attention, and now I'm often the quiet observer. I don't necessarily like the change, but it's my comfort zone, so I stick with it. I'm still loud and obnoxious around those who matter, so they know the real me, and know what I can put up with and what I can't when it comes to doing new things. I am so glad I went that weekend, I met some pretty amazing people, from all over the world no less, and we had a great weekend. I'm bummed that my best and I aren't there this weekend, but we'll see everyone again soon. I'm just going through MAJOR nostalgia today, so it's like, meh. :/
Anybody else hate those silly little marks glasses leave on your nose after they've been on for awhile?
And am I the only person just discovering how amazingly delicious frozen veggies are? Nevermind the fact that they're more nutritious than produce from the supermarket, but the fact that they taste better thanks to being frozen basically right after being picked makes me looooove them even more.
In the car today, I had lots of time to think (while suffering the nostalgia), and have come to the conclusion that, while I am very happy and blessed, there's something off in my life, and I need to pinpoint it and sucker punch it. I have a feeling that I know what it is, but I don't want to jump to any conclusions, so I'm going to sit back for a while and see what happens...
HF
Oh, life. I feel like I need to make lists to remind me to read my lists of things to do. Sounds like you've got everything under cfontrol though! :) And I hope that off thing that's bothering you is just a pebble in your shoe and not something ... worse than a pebble in your shoe. :D Enjoy your Sunday.. hopefully there's time in that busy schedule of yours to relax!
ReplyDeleteThanks Nicole :) Unfortunately I woke up around noon today after sleeping terribly because of the curlers in my hair and have not stopped feeling nauseas since waking up. Just took some Pepto Bismol, but I don't know... I really don't want to miss my cousin's wedding reception today :/
ReplyDelete