Alright, so today was Dad's birthday, and I forgot I had to babysit... Merp. So, I woke up and made his card:
He laughed. :) Then I left to teach my pre-dancers. One of the cutest little girls alive I've seen before was in class today to do a make-up, and now I know what her teacher meant when she said she doesn't pay attention haha. So I eventually just let her stare at herself in the mirror while we danced. It was a crazy class, what with her and two new girls all at once, plus a larger number of the normal girls that I'm used to being there. And yet, I still loved every minute of it. The director came home from vacation tonight though, and she teaches that class, so I don't think I'm going to be teaching them anymore, which is kind of heartbreaking. :( I'm going to call and double check things with her to make sure.
Then I picked up the boys from the bus stop and daycare, and after going home for a quick snack and bathroom opportunities, I took them to the playground and we stayed for over an hour. I sat and read Water for Elephants while they played. I honestly wish I had made the time to read this book back in senior year when I had originally heard about it and decided I wanted to read it - it's so good. Didn't even have to wait for it to catch my attention, it just happened. Anyway, the boys behaved like ANGELS, mostly because I let them stay long enough to get it out of their systems. The younger of the two even asked to go home right before I was about to tell them 5 more minutes. When I told the older to say goodbye to his friends, he did exactly as I asked and didn't try to get away with more playing.
It's not that they're usually badly behaved, because they're not - they're actually great boys. It's just still really nice when they behave so well. It's not like I raise them, but it still somehow makes me feel like I'm doing some little thing right in my own position as the babysitter with them to receive the cooperation I get. I'm going to bawl my eyes out the days they get married. Ay ay ay.
Put two exhausted little boys to bed - the older one didn't need to be told twice to turn the TV off, and tiredly walked his way into the kitchen, got vitamins and medicine for himself and his brother, and while I distributed his brother's medicine, he went upstairs, and was already brushing his teeth by the time I made it up with his brother. He asked if I could read a Spongebob book that I had bought them for Christmas, but I've honestly read it the last three times in a row I've put them to bed, so I said no, and then he asked if he could read a book to me... so I obviously was excited and told him that he could. I realized that he's the same age as the first graders I tutor so I started comparing him to what I see in Providence. He did very well, and he asked me to finish the book while he laid with the dog on the floor, so cute. They crawled into bed and gave me no fuss, it was really nice. Watched Dear John again and a few minutes of the beginning of Gone With The Wind before their mom came home.
Oh, and these are amazing by the way:
Unfortunately, it was Daddy's bedtime by the time I got home, so I only got to say goodnight and get one last birthday hug out of him before he crawled in. :/
And, as promised, here is a picture of the Grey's Anatomy set/scene design project I did with my friends for our theatre class:
Lol... Alex and Cristina's heads just cracked us up. I had to cut their heads out and stick them to bodies of suits and dresses, and Cristina just looks awkward for no reason, but I had printed out two heads for Alex, and everybody liked this one, despite the fact that it faced the opposite way of the body in the suit, so he looks like he's straining his neck to see something hahaha... If anybody isn't familiar with Grey's Anatomy, or even just this scene, it's when Denny dies and Izzy is distraught because he had just proposed - Alex had been with Izzy in the past, so we all joked that now he was doing that funky move with his neck, like, "What? He's dead? Do I smell possibility?" so we intentionally placed him by the bed to strain and stare lol.
And, just because I can, I'm going to throw it out there that T. R. Knight is perfect, and so is Sara Ramirez.
Goodnight.
[added in after original posting] HELL YEAH! Made it in my time frame! Suh-WEET!
HF
No comments:
Post a Comment