Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Busy, busy!

So I'm not going to lie and say there have been absolutely no opportunities to write a blog entry, but they HAVE been limited, which also goes to say that my free time has been limited, which means one of the last things on my mind when I have time to myself is, "Hey, let me go blog." Lol. So that's my "excuse." :P

SO. Thursday had been another Monday for me, I was really weak and rested, but by Friday I was almost back to normal, and now I'm 100% healthy and ready to cause trouble again.

I am currently wearing one of the dresses I bought on Tuesday, a teal spaghetti strap floor length sundress, and a short sleeved knit sweater I bought Tuesday as well. Wore my pink dress (same as this one) yesterday to tutor and there was a chorus of "I like your dress" from the kids before I could even say hello, haha love them. I asked the teacher if it would be okay if I kept coming in, because yesterday made 15 hours for me which is the requirement for my FNED class, but I'll need 25 total by the time I graduate, so I figured I'd just get the last 10 hours with these kids by going in for five more weeks, and she loved the idea so that's good. :)

I'm still going to be able to teach or at least help teach the pre-dance class my director let me cover for her while she went on vacation, which makes me SUPER EXCITED because I LOVE THEM TO PIECES. They're so freaking cute.

My maternal grandmother, who's been in a really bad way with her health for several years now, landed in the hospital a couple of nights ago because she caught the cold my grandfather had, but because her immune system is so shot, it turned into pneumonia for her. It sucks and of course I'm afraid, because she stayed overnight and didn't have a good night, but part of me is so used to her eventually going home even when it looks like it's as bad as it can get. And in turn, that whole "I'm used to it" feeing makes me even more anxious than before, because I don't want to think everything's going to be fine and then find out that it's not this time. We're probably going to go visit her this weekend so I won't be teaching at the studio for my hip hop girls again, which means 3 weeks will have gone by that I haven't seen them, which isn't cool. :/

School's crazy. I have a theatre final project where my group and I have to create our own 6-8 minute play. Write it, direct it, lights, sound, memorize the script, block it, the whole sha-bang. That's going to be presented a week from today. Due Monday is a presentation in my FNED class with my group about Violence in schools; we each took certain topics in violence to cover, and mine was cyberbullying. We each had to write at least 3 pages, and of course I offered to put all of the pieces together and finalize it, so that's something else on my plate, nevermind making sure I know what to talk about during the presentation, and find some kind of activity we can do with the class to make our presentation the full 30 minutes long. Also have to write a paper about my tutoring experience with the kids for my FNED class, also due Monday, which I haven't had a chance to start yet. I just got my study guide today for my political science final, where he gives us about 6 essay prompts and only one will be on the test, so I have to learn all 6, and then study my notes and try to find things in the book he might have as identifications because he gives us zero hints. Have to study for a math test this Friday, study for another quiz that isn't scheduled yet, and then study for the math final for May 11th. Have to make up last week's ARTE class tonight after class, ay ay ay.

And, on top of all of this, try to sort out my application for the school of Education which is due May 24, 25, and 26, and it's confusing as all hell.

Aaaaah college. Can't wait for it to BE OVER. My memere's always telling me that she would have loved to be able to finish school, she had to quit before graduating to help take care of her family, and I love and respect that, but it unfortunately still doesn't make me appreciate this any more.

J came over yesterday and we watched a movie and ate my world famous Mac & Cheese. He's leaving on Sunday and he doesn't know if he'll be back before he goes to Afghanistan, so it sucked saying goodbye.

It was 82 degrees in the SHADE yesterday. I was MISERABLE. I'm like a dog - if I'm hungry or too hot, stay away from me or you'll get your head bitten off. I can't STAND being too hot, which is why I'm so moody in the summer. We completely skipped the perfect temperatures of spring, because it's too hot again today. Rarararara...

Probably heading up to Buffalo after finals to stay with my boyfriend, very excited for that considering we never get to talk anymore because of his stupid job. Anybody want to join me in boycotting Target? It's fun, I promise.

HF

3 comments:

  1. I want to see this dresses, Haleyface. I hope Manny's okay. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll post a picture soon for you :) I think she's back home today, not sure because I didn't really ask, I just heard a voice on the answering machine while my dad played it downstairs but her and my great aunt (her sister) have very similar voices and I was all the way upstairs and whatnot. Thanks though <3

    ReplyDelete