Friday, December 16, 2011

It's Been Forever...

Over 5 months... I feel like I should just delete this sad attempt at a blog. I should be ashamed of myself. Whatever. I'm not making any promises of regular updates, because I know myself better than that lol. I am, however, going to focus on things that make me happy and that are important...

Such as sliced red grapes mixed with tuna and mayonnaise... I know it probably sounds disgusting to most people (unless you're like me and can just tell what something is going to taste like by reading it and you already know what I'm going to say), but IT IS SO DELICIOUS. I made a batch two nights ago and it's gone. I am making more as soon as I know I will be around to eat it. Honestly, so good. Thanks to Miranda for the idea, definitely something I'm going to make often.

I have a new addition to my family! No, I have not had a child, but we have taken in a stray cat that I was calling "Baby Boy," so that stuck as his name. He is the sweetest cat ever, I love him.


I was having terrible issues with veterinarian care but we've finally found the right animal hospital and I couldn't be happier with them. He has an infection in his right leg so I took him there to get it checked out immediately after I noticed it because my last cat died of an infection, so I don't play games when it comes to infections. They treated him wonderfully and gave him an injection and so far he's doing great.


I'm canceling his appointment at another vet's office for a rabies vaccination because they treated me terribly and talked down to me. They asked me if I had given him any flea treatment and they said that what I was using was basically crap because I got it from WalMart, she pulled out a flea brush, and said, "See? That's flea dirt. He's got fleas." They later suggested that I pay for three treatments of Revolution, which is what they recommend. Ironically enough, that is what I used on him for his first treatment. Morons. This new place asked me what I'd done, I told them he'd been on Revolution and then some stuff from WalMart that actually took care of ticks, and she was looking him over and was like "That's great! I see some flea dirt, but I don't see any live fleas, so he seems to be fine." So I told her about what the other technician had said/done, and she just shook her head in amazement and said exactly what I'd been thinking: "Just because there is flea dirt doesn't necessarily mean there are fleas. Treatment doesn't get rid of the flea dirt, it kills the fleas." So I'm keeping him on what he's got for that, and I'm canceling that appointment so he can get his rabies vaccination at the good place. :)

He's quite the sleeper....

Honest to god he laid like this on his own. This was back when he first started coming inside.

So precious, I just can't help myself.

Puppy kitty.






Is he not the cutest?!

Here are some of me and my Baby Boy:






He is a LOUD purr-er, you can hear him from across a room. I have bought 4 plush fleece throw blankets from WalMart since September when we started to take care of him a little bit, and if you put one in front of him, he kneads nonstop and purrs so loudly and suckles the whole time. We think he might have been taken away from mom too soon, but it could just be a habit he's got. Either way I love it and think he's the cutest. Before he ever came inside, he would just sit on your lap and knead and suckle your legs. Sometimes he still does. He prefers to suckle my fleece pants still over any blanket. So cute.


This was after his first bath after his trip to the bad vet because he had an accident in the car and went number two, so he was pretty stinky. He looks so funny, poor dude!

Alright it's getting late and I've got to head to the good vets tomorrow to switch his Elizabethian cat collar because the one they gave us was too small, and then I'm going to Matthew's chorus concert! After that I'm headed to visit KT at URI and sleepover before a busy Sunday of dance and Christmas shenanigans. I will try to make a post soon about all four of my boys! So many pictures and stories to share of them as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment